Samsung have came up with lots of devices based on Android OS and quite successfully sold so many of them. Samsung TouchWiz is one of the best mobile phone available in the market for sure. If you are an owner of TouchWiz then you will know what are the basic features of this device and why its so cool and all. Sometimes you guys will be bored using your device because of the docked icon on the screen. If you are not really familiar with the device then you will get so many short cuts of apps and all in the dock area which you really don’t use. So to add some important icons there you will need to follow this article. By following this article as we have instructed you will be able to remove all of the unwanted apps in the dock area and the ones you want to access on the go with your device.
Dock area of any phone is really handy when you urgently need to access any app or something like that. So if you have the dock area as it came up with the phone then you will get some unwanted apps in that area which you really have not touched in so many weeks. So now when you will need any quick access to any app then you will see some un wanted apps in the dock are and you will not like that. Now you can add the important apps you use of your device in the dock area by following this article. Adding of apps in the dock are is not really easy because its hidden somewhere in the app drawer of your device. So you will not know how you can do it unless you follow this article or unless you are a geeky gadget user.
These are the steps to change the docked icon of Samsung TouchWiz Smartphone for Quick access to the apps you use the most –
- Step 1: First of all start your device and find the App Drawer and click on it.
- Step 2: Now on your device look for the menu button and click on it.
- Step 3: Now there will be options like Edit, View Type, Share app and all. You will need to click on View Type to go further in changing the docked icons.
- Step 4: Now in the view type option there will be three more options like , Customizable Grid, Alphabetical Grid and Alphabetical Grid. You will need to click on Customizable Grid from these options.
- Step 5: Now you will need to press the menu button again on your device and then choose Edit option this time instead of View Type.
- Step 6: Now you will see the docked bar in the bottom. You can click on the items in the dock area and then you can remove them or you can also add some of your choices by dragging them to the bottom in the Dock Area.
- Step 7: Now when you are done removing the un wanted apps from this list which you don’t really use much and have added the new apps in the dock area then click on Menu Button and then click on the save button. Now you will see the new apps or the shortcuts in the docked area of your device and can access any of these apps and all at any time you want without indulging with any other shortcut you don’t like.
This is how you can add the new buttons in the docked area of your Samsung TouchWiz. This is really helpful to access the important apps on the go from the docked area. In the dock area of the device there is one thing that you can not remove. It is the Home Button and you cant remove it because its preloaded there and will stay there forever. Now if you want to go back to the old look then just follow the steps 1 to steps 4 and then in the options choose the Alphabetical Grid or the List View. Now there will be no apps in the dock bar which you don’t really use.
[Image Source – CNET ]