If you are an owner of Samsung Galaxy S2 SkyRocket phone than you can be really happy that new Android Open Kang Project ROM which is based on the Ice Cream Sandwich android 4.0 Firmware is released and now you can update your phone with it. One of the most successful devices by Samsung is Skyrocket and there are many people are there who uses this. Well if you want to update this device with the new firmware than you should totally check out this article and you will not get any problem updating your device with the latest firmware. Well the new firmware called AOKP will give you new features to enjoy on your Android devices. The article we have written here is to help you to update your phone with the latest firmware without any single problem. Well before you actually start updating your device with the latest firmware you should also check out the pre requisites for your update process.
Pre Requisites you have to follow before you start updating your phone –
- First of all you will have to make sure that you have the back up of your all important type of data on your device. You should back up all of the contact details and the other type of data on your phone with the back up setting of the phone by connecting it to the computer.
- Now second thing you need is the battery. Make sure that you have charged your Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket at least 80% because some times rooting process can take more time and it will consume more battery and you don’t want to hang up in middle then just charge it full.
- Now start your phone and go to the USB Debug Mode. You can do it by going to the Settings and then to Development and then find out it and Enable it by clicking on it.
- Now on your computer turn off all types of security programs because all these anti virus and other programs can create some type of problem in the Rooting Process of your Phone.
How to update your phone with AOKP Firmware –
These are the steps you will need to follow to update your phone with the latest firmware.
- Step 1: Well first of all you will need to download the three different files on your computer. First file is the AOKP ICS package to update the phone, Google Apps, and the Super Wipe File called DarkSide.
- Step 2: Now you will need to connect your Android Phone with your computer and then you will have to copy all of these three files to your computer from your android device.
- Step 3: Now after having these three files on your computer you are ready to go for the next steps of the update process. Disconnect your android device from your computer and switch it off and then you are ready for the Download Mode.
- Step 4: Now you will need to put your android phone in the Download Mode and you can do it simply by holding the Volume UP button and then Volume Down and finally Power Button. So this is how your phone will go into the Download Mode. If your phone do not go into that mode than you will have to do that process again and again.
- Step 5: Now when you are in the Download Mode on your Android Device you will have to Choose Wipe Data/Factory reset after Wipe Cache partition option and it will clear every thing on your android device. So make sure you have back up of everything on your device.
- Step 6: Now in the Recovery Mode of your Device you will need to select the zip file from the SD card and then go through the internal memory of your device and look for the AOKP package. Then you will need to do the same thing with the Google Apps and the Dark Side Super User Wipe file.
- Step 7: Now when the update process of your phone starts do not do anything that interrupts your update process of your device. So you will have to wait un till your device again goes in to the Recovery Mode after the update.
- Step 7: Now when your phone is in the Recovery Mode again you will have to Select the button Reboot System Now. So this is how your phone will be restarted again with the latest firmware.
So if you will follow all of these steps care fully than you will be able to update your phone with the latest AOKP latest firmware in your Android Device. Make sure you follow all the steps perfectly. So if you get any problem with it then just leave the comment below.