If you are an user of HTC Sensation XL then you might wonder that HTC has not came up with the Android 4.0 ICS update for this device. Well now you don’t have to worry about this update from the HTC because we are here with the latest information of Updating your phone with the latest android 4.0 ICS firmware. Well real thanks for this update goes to the XDA developers because they have came up with this update for the HTC sensation XL. But we would like to say that guys this update is not official from HTC and its developed by the developers who want to help the users of this phone to update their phone with the new firmware. So now check out the whole article and you will not get any problem updating your phone with the latest firmware update.
Important Steps Before the Update –
- First of all you will have to make sure that you have the back up of your all important type of data on your device. You should back up all of the contact details and the other type of data on your phone with the back up setting of the phone by connecting it to the computer.
- Now second thing you need is the battery. Make sure that you have charged your phone at least 80% because some times rooting process can take more time and it will consume more battery and you don’t want to hang up in middle then just charge it full.
- Now start your phone and go to the USB Debug Mode. You can do it by going to the Settings and then to Development and then find out it and Enable it by clicking on it.
- Now on your computer turn off all types of security programs because all these anti virus and other programs can create some type of problem in the Rooting Process of your Phone.
How to Update HTC Sensation XL with Android 4.0 ICS Firmware Update –
These are the main steps you will need to follow before you start updating your phone with the latest firmware.
- Step 1: First of all you will have to download the HTC Drivers. Download them from this Link. Now download Android Recovery Manger.
- Step 2: Now you will have to install the HTC Drivers and make sure there is .Net Framework is also installed on your computer.
- Step 3: Now you will have to download Android 4.0 ICS update Package for your device. This file have a long name so you should make it smaller like update.zip or something like that.
- Step 4: Now you will need to connect your Android Device to your computer and just copy this update file on your device’s internal memory for the update process.
- Step 5: Now you will need to run the Recovery Manager.exe file and then start the download recovery option for the process. Now after selecting that option you will see 18.104.22.168 then select Vodafone FR 22.214.171.124.
- Step 6: Now you will find I Agree button after choosing these options. Now you can click on the Download Selected Recovery and Flash button to start the process of installing the recovery image. Now you will need to select the NO button so your device will boot with the recovery mode.
- Step 7: Now after selecting these buttons your phone will be rebooted again and then you will see the exclamation or the warning symbol on your device. Well at this time you will need to press the power button and then pressing the Volume UP key to confirm the action.
- Step 8: Well now your phone will be in the Recovery Mode and from different options you will need to select the button Apply Update from SD card. You will have to browse your file of updating the device from the internal memory of your android device.
- Step 9: Now after the whole process you will have to reboot your android device from the recovery mode button and you will find your phone updated with the latest firmware.
Well we know the whole process of updating your phone with the latest firmware is kind of very tricky but we think if you will follow the whole process as we have displayed here, you will be able to update your phone with the latest firmware update. If you have any questions regarding the update just let us know in the comments.